SUP Clean Up
Time & Location
About the Event
Clean up our waterways, learn to paddleboard and contribute to global research tackling pollution at the same time!
Never paddleboarded before? No problem! You’ll be shown all the basics before you go on the water by a qualified instructor and all equipment is provided. All you need to do is turn up ready to get stuck in.
Our golden rule is that you record everything you collect in the Planet Patrol app - so download this before the litter pick. We don't want to litter pick forever, so it's important to record what we find by TYPE and BRAND so we can solve this problem at the source and hold the big polluters accountable.
Have your own paddleboard? Feel free to join in. If you do, please email us at email@example.com in advance so we are aware you are attending so we can track numbers due to COVID.
- All paddlers must be aged 16 or over.
- You must download the Planet Patrol app (available in the App Store / Google Play) and create an account before the clean-up.
- Wear loose light clothing (gym wear is fine). No denim.
- Wear suitable footwear such as trainers or non-slip shoes.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your slot.
- All our events are single-use plastic free so we ask that you bring water in a reusable bottle - it's thirsty work.
- We will also send you an email in advance of the day to reconfirm the details.
CLEAN UP STRUCTURE
- Your instructor Julia will give you a safety briefing and teach you the paddling basics
- Once out on the water, litter pick!
- Back on land, tip out your bucket, separate the litter and photograph and record what you've found in the Planet Patrol app.
Note that all our clean ups follow the latest social distance guidelines!